Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Check out our ECFE videos below.
ECFE classes are located at Central Community Center
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers classes for children ages birth through five and their parents or caregivers. Parent and child enjoy play and learning activities together under the guidance of a licensed early childhood teacher. For part of the class, parents participate in a discussion group led by a licensed parent educator. Families typically attend one day per week; daytime, evening and Saturday classes are available.
Registration for Summer ECFE classes are now open.
Early Learning Parent Advisory Council
The Advisory Council welcomes YOU! The parent volunteers of the Advisory Council support your Early Learning program in many different ways and we hope you will read on to learn more about how you can participate. Our meetings are held once a month, usually in the evenings (with child care provided), but much of our work is done through committees and even via e-mail so don’t worry if meetings are not for you. We know that the early childhood years are busy ones, and we value whatever contribution works for you and your family. Please call SLP Early Learning Programs at 952.928.6785 for Early Learning Advisory Council contact information and meeting dates.
Here’s what we do:
- Sponsor fun events for families with young children such as as the Vehicle Fair, Fall Dance Ball, Winter Meltdown Carnival, and Year End Picnic.
- Fund tuition assistance for ECFE programs through fundraising activities.
- Advise the program Manager/Supervisor on key program, budget and other issues.
- Reach out to the community to increase ECFE awareness and participation.
- Support teachers and staff providing classroom supply stipends, recognition and support.