Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is based on the idea that parents provide their child’s first and most significant learning environment and parents are children’s first and most enduring teachers. ECFE classes and programs are designed to strengthen and empower families and support children’s healthy growth and development.
Licensed Early Childhood teachers help children develop their cognitive, physical, language and social skills through a variety of fun learning activities. Licensed Parent Educators provide support and facilitate discussion on a variety of topics such as discipline, sleep, nutrition, child development, and more. We offer engaging classes and programs for children ages birth to five.
Our classes include:
- Activities for parents and children to learn together
- Circle time with songs
- Time for children to interact with one another
- Parent/caregiver discussion time
Fall 2022 ECFE Classes
New! Classes added for Fall 2022!
* Come & Play
* Parenting from the Inside Out
* Wonderful Ones
* Drop in and Play
We also have openings for our morning ECFE classes.
Fall 2022 ECFE SibCare now available for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday morning classes!
The SibCare fees are on a sliding fee scale so you pay according to your income. Classes that have a flat fee will pay 50% of the class fee, and our free classes will also have free SibCare.
Note: No family will be turned away due to an inability to pay for an ECFE class. For more information, contact Heidi Degen at email@example.com or 952-928-6785.
Central Early Learning Center– Door 3
6300 Walker Street
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Early Childhood Screening
Early Learning Parent Advisory Council
The Early Learning Parent Advisory Council (ELPAC) welcomes YOU! Parent volunteers on the Advisory Council support programming at the Central Early Learning Center in many different ways. We sponsor fun, community building events for families and fund support for programming. Creating a warm, safe, welcoming, and nurturing early childhood environment for all children and their families is our priority. The pandemic has impacted our Early Learning Parent Advisory Council and we are in the process of reorganizing and rebuilding the council. We welcome you to our community! Please call the Central Early Learning Center at 952.928.6785 for Early Learning Advisory Council contact information and meeting dates.
The Early Learning Parent Advisory Council
- sponsors fun events for families with young children such as as the Vehicle Fair, Fall Dance Ball, Winter Meltdown Carnival, and Year End Picnic
- funds tuition assistance for ECFE programs through fundraising activities
- engages in outreach within the community to increase ECFE awareness and participation
- support teachers and staff by providing classroom supply stipends, recognition, and enrichment opportunities