Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is based on the idea that parents provide their child’s first and most significant learning environment and parents are children’s first and most enduring teachers. ECFE classes and programs are designed to strengthen and empower families and support children’s healthy growth and development.
Licensed Early Childhood teachers help children develop their cognitive, physical, language and social skills through a variety of fun learning activities. Licensed Parent Educators provide support and facilitate discussion on a variety of topics such as discipline, sleep, nutrition, child development and more. We have classes and programs for children ages birth to five.
Our classes include:
- Activities for parents and children to learn together
- Circle time with songs
- Time for children to interact with one another
- Parent/Caregiver discussion time
Early Learning Parent Advisory Council
The Advisory Council welcomes YOU! The parent volunteers of the Advisory Council support your Early Learning program in many different ways and we hope you will read on to learn more about how you can participate. Our meetings are held once a month, usually in the evenings (with child care provided), but much of our work is done through committees and even via e-mail so don’t worry if meetings are not for you. We know that the early childhood years are busy ones, and we value whatever contribution works for you and your family. Please call SLP Early Learning Programs at 952.928.6785 for Early Learning Advisory Council contact information and meeting dates.
Here’s what we do:
- Sponsor fun events for families with young children such as as the Vehicle Fair, Fall Dance Ball, Winter Meltdown Carnival, and Year End Picnic.
- Fund tuition assistance for ECFE programs through fundraising activities.
- Advise the program Manager/Supervisor on key program, budget and other issues.
- Reach out to the community to increase ECFE awareness and participation.
- Support teachers and staff providing classroom supply stipends, recognition and support.