Help Me Grow
- Provides resources for families to understand developmental milestones and learn if there are concerns. This helps families take the lead in seeking additional support or referring their child for a comprehensive, confidential screening or evaluation at no cost.
- For children birth-5.
- Minnesota’s Help Me Grow is an interagency initiative of the State of Minnesota Department of Education, Department of Health and Department of Human Services. We partner with all local service agencies.
Getting Ready for K
Your child’s birth certificate
Birth certificates can be obtained from any Hennepin County Service Center (the closest is Ridgedale, 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka), 612.348.8240.
Free Early Childhood Screening
Complete your child’s screening. If your child still needs to be screened, contact Jenna Reynolds at 952-928-6774 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Up to date immunizations
All children entering kindergarten must have a varicella (chickenpox) vaccine (or a history of having chickenpox) and a second dose of vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella.
Free health checkups and immunizations are available at Central Clinic located in our Central Community Center. The Clinic is open Tuesdays and Wednesdays 1-4:30 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome. You can also make an appointment by calling 952/993-1100.
If your child should not have immunizations for medical reasons or because of the conscientiously held beliefs of the parents, the school must have written proof of exemption.
Early Learning Program (ELP)
Ages 33 months to 5 years
SLPS ELP will offer children and families:
- A simple, straightforward intake and registration process
- Choice of morning and afternoon sessions
- Opportunities for parent education
- Integrated class model that aligns better with kindergarten classrooms
- Professional teaching team
- Equitable use of resources
- Opportunities to serve more children in our community in the future
YOU CAN ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN ONE OF OUR EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM CLASSES ANY TIME DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
Tuition assistance funds may be available for those families who qualify. For an application, please call 952-928-6785.